Academic and Behavioral Specialist
Academic and Behavioral Support for Giftedness, Learning and Social Difficulties, ADHD, Self-Help/Life Adaptive Skills, and Executive Functioning.
Dr. Maker and Nicole McAleer, M.A. work closely together to provide individualized 1:1 services and structured programs for children, adolescents, and college students presenting with a range of needs.
Nicole McAleer, Academic Specialist, has an M.A. in Teaching, and several years of experience working in schools, tutoring centers, and educational services. Ms. McAleer has comprehensive training and expertise working with elementary, middle, high school, and college students who might need academic support services, special education, accelerated academic support, social skills training, behavioral support, executive functioning guidance, and vocational program assistance.
Ms. McAleer works with a range of children, adolescents, and college students with giftedness, learning difficulties, ADHD, executive functioning vulnerabilities, social skills difficulties, or developmental vulnerabilities. Her broad array of expertise lies in utilizing traditional and innovating teaching tools, and state of the art interventions and programs.
Ms. McAleer and Dr. Maker believe that each child can succeed when they are expertly supported in their individual learning style. Ms. McAleer and Dr. Maker are highly committed to finding progressive and innovative strategies to meet and address the cognitive, social, and emotional needs of individual children. Ms. McAleer collaborates very closely with Dr. Maker to develop and implement individualized and specialized 1:1 structured, goal-oriented programs in the following areas:
- Academic tutoring and support
- Preparing, planning, and completing assignments, HW, and projects
- Test preparation
- Test taking skills and strategies
- Improving grades
- Study skills
- Executive functioning training and support related to multi-tasking, completing assignments, organization, planning, and timeliness using state of the art interventions, task sheets, and tools
- Memory skills
- Processing speed
- Time management
- Attention and focus interventions and coaching
- Specialized interventions for impulsivity and delay of gratification
- Behavioral management and coaching
- Social skills development, including initiating, joining, and maintaining conversations and friendships, reciprocity in communication, and appropriate affect, verbal, and non-verbal cues.
- School, teacher, and parental communication and support
Please call or email Dr. Maker to set up an initial consultation regarding your child, adolescent, or college student to see how we can meet your needs.